WHAT IF




What if I wasn't born
What if history knew me not
What if God hadn't thought of me
And giveth me not,
Life

Then I wouldn't have to worry
Of the many nights
I sleep with a rumbling stomach
Then I wouldn't have to worry
Of the countless nights
I lie bare in the cold
Uncertain of the morning's glory

What if I didn't exist
Then I will not have to cry
When the lights on me shall dim
When the curtains shall fall
When the sun shall sink
And leave with me
No hope of life 

What if I hadn't been sired
Then I wouldn't have to worry
When age shall creep in on me
And I wouldn't be scared
When on the embankments of death
I shall stand

What if ooh Mighty One
Away from me
You took this yoke of suffering
Then I wouldn't cry
I wouldn't worry
And I wouldn't be scared
Save me the grief.


@oiraqaleb



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IT IS DONE

POST HIGHSCHOOL

RESHAPING THE BLUEPRINT