EASTER CHRONICLES


Easter came; not that I had longed for it though. Chaps were all into prayer, fasting, beating themselves and carrying mock crosses for miles and miles. Others were whipped and adorned with thorn crowns. They bled and groaned hoping that our dear good Lord would look away from their misdeeds and make them his eternal children in glory.
For the rest of us- those who were not into the pain and repentance stuff,- easter meant one thing at least; 'winter is finally here'. And winter was not just about the damn cold, no! It was something bigger. Winter was a package. It brought with it the grand finale of Avengers:The Endgame as well as the Game of Thrones season 8. The cold weather was in itself a haven of felicity for the lovebirds who adored cuddling lazily in their cribs. Winter was winter. Winter was heaven.
Iron man's ass was kicked real bad by the way. Actually, he died. His endgame came way too soon I suppose.
Away with all that winter crap.
Do you remember that chic with whom you used to play 'cha baba and cha mama' back in the days? Well, I remember mine. Her name is Shirleen. Back then, we were that inseparable duo such that our old peeps thought we had a thing. There never really did exist such thing...it was just childhood ambience that kept us going.
As we grew older in body and mind, we came to realise that our personalities never really rhymed. Shirleen was this kind of girl that loved staying indoors engrossed in books. Damn it, she loved reading. It almost seemed like she had someday heard someone say that books were the ticket to heaven. That on the day of judgement, God shall look at the lazy chaps like me with scorn and say, "Away from me you lazy ones! You refused to read and help the world. The Kingdom of heaven does not belong to you. Go to hell you bastards!" Boom! And that would be it. Case closed on us. No books, no heaven; at least to Shirleen.
Unlike her, I was this guy who never liked reading. Romping and revelling was my kind of thing. (It still is.) I'm a bright kid though. Else way, I would not be in camp laz as I write this. Partying didn't take away my brains.
Our cravings were undubiously different. We had to go our diverse ways - which we did. When we moved from our estate, I forgot there ever existed a Shirleen in my life. We lost touch; but I never really cared anyway because then, she was just Shirleen- simple and serious. Who likes such a person? They're boring like hell.
Home is never far from one who is still alive though.
So about Easter:
It was Good Friday. Easter had just begun. For the other earthlings, there was something to celebrate, something to do at least. If not in the way of the cross, then somewhere in the heart of town in a revelling joint spoiling yourself to indebtedness. I was at home,conspicuously bored. My dad had told me that greatness required great sacrifice, that I had to give up the pleasures of today to shape my tomorrow. Parents with all that pep talk about future life will get on your nerves. But on second thought, who doesn't want to be great? Consequently, I felt obliged and opted to lay low. I logged into my WhatsApp and began scrolling through the status updates. It was funny how most of my peeps thought that our God who arts in heaven would just forget their sins if they posted a few crappy lines about repentance on their walls.
I was about to sleep when someone Burger in. It was old country girl Shirleen. I was taken aback. No, actually I died then resurrected. (In the spirit of easter). The chic that stood before me was not the Shirleen I knew back in the days. Her assets had way surpassed her liabilities. She was smoking hot. My old guy downstairs was heavily pulsating in his chambers begging to break the awkward silence that had befell us.(I however managed to inhibit the situation.) We were lost for words; both she and I. Absence sure does make the heart grow fonder.
I was still busy making stories of how I missed her and all that claptrap which comes with missments when she jumped and gave me a hug of the millennia.
By the way she had clad, I knew what her presence implied. The tight trouser and top that allowed me to savour the fullness of God's creation in sight meant one thing; it was party time! She did not have to implore me to play along, I became the damn coach myself. I knew that my day would get freaking mad but then Shirleen was quite worth the dare.
At that moment, I was broke like shit but I was not the guy who'd let poverty ruin his easter felicity. It did not take long before Tala did the trick. Loan kwa m-pesa pap! Payment would be another day's business. What really mattered then was me myself and I; and of course Shirleen.
(By the way, thank you Gala for the support. This easter belongs to you guys. Tutatembea pamoja milele.)
So as soon as the cash landed, we found ourselves squeezed in a mathree bound for town; destination, The Grand Galaxy Club. Winter was going to be sizzling hot. I could tell. Shirleen had come loaded, and I was the guy with the cash...what could have possibly gone wrong?
Getting into the galaxy was no easy fete as I had presupposed. Bouncers in black at the entrance demanded for IDs which we obviously didn't have. But bro, this is Kenya- what can't small tips do? I easily bribed our way in and boom! There we were, inside the legendary Grand Galaxy.
The acrid smell of liquor that dampened the air was not so new to me. Clubbing had become part of my personality. I was surprised when Shirleen insinuated that she had never felt any better. Time does great things to people I tell you.
Do you know those crazy pole strippers that make old sponsors go nuts? I bet you do. Well as soon as we were cosy in the galaxy, mine eyes met with one of them. I caught her attention, she caught mine as well. We fixed glances. The way she stared at me, wiggling her ass like nobody's business, boy oh boy! It was epic. (I forgot we had come with Shirleen...she had probably hooked up with some dude too.) This new bitch was a real bad ass...literary. Before I could tell, I was on the dance floor; strippers ass strapped to mine faithfully. Thinking of the obscenities I was committing gave me quite the creeps. But come on, it was easter, it was winter. Everything was quite worth the try. The fun never seemed to end.
Easter was amazing. I'll give up anything to go back there. Shirleen, thanks for the fun. We'll catch up next time. And dear hot stripper, I'm turning eighteen soon. We live to meet again!
            
         [Special thanks to my guy Eric for allowing me publish his story.]
#Easter_Chronicles

©oiraqaleb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT IS DONE

POST HIGHSCHOOL

RESHAPING THE BLUEPRINT