BALLAD OF THE LOVER

Hey folks, so this right here is a piece I did in high school. My boy Kiptoo just sent it to me from the archives😂 Nilikuwa nimekufia this chille but I played my cards wrong. Poker has never really been my game anyway. Anyway, long story short, I wanted her, I didn't pounce and some other dude came and took her. So young champs, when you want something, usijifanye Mourinho na tactics mbwakni hapa na pale, play ball like Ancelloti...just attack and go for it. Anyway, nice read fellas.😄


I write this with a heavy heart
And yet, a somber mood
A long face, and a creased countenance
To complement.

I cry not because I couldn’t love
Rather because I did
But to say that I did, I could not.
Fear transcended over affection
And luck, to beg twice it didn’t
I did hesitate and so to lose, I had to.

Love demands to be felt,
So it is acclaimed,
From the mountains peaks
To  the deep vales and gorges
But the unforgiving dogmas of society 
Have sealed it deep within. 

Had I mustered the courage,
Had I been less timid,
And spoken out this intense feeling,
This intimacy of love,
I wouldn’t have lost. 

I wouldn’t be burdened
With this heavy yoke of a heart
Which I perilously bear
I wouldn’t be in this sombreness
Which sucks so verily, my life

Yes, I never told you,
And yet, I meant to.
But even so, I still loved you. 

Better yet, I will go on loving,
For love sprouts where it wills,
And true as it is, Love demands to be felt.


©Oiraqaleb Esq.

Comments

  1. Excellent you got the content behind the story

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IT IS DONE

RESHAPING THE BLUEPRINT

POST HIGHSCHOOL